Thirteen Ways to Lose Your Innocence
(Note: This is part of a series I write from time to time. Here are the first three: Thirteen Ways to Handle Love or Repair a Broken Heart, Thirteen Ways to Forget Him or Her, and Thirteen Ways to Forget.)
- Follow the path until it bends. Then, step from it. Do not look back.
- Fall in love. Fall in lust. Mistake one for the other.
- Strike a match. Do not heed what, or whom, you set aflame.
- Fail to read the warnings signs, even the ones you wrote yourself.
- Peek behind the curtain, find the person waiting there.
- Prick your finger on the spindle. Forget to feel the pain.
- Lie about where you’ve been. Lie too well.
- Regret everything, even the things you did not do.
- Stop asking questions. When answers are given anyway, don’t listen.
- Turn off the light. This applies to more than just bedrooms and smiles.
- Given credence to the bullies. Then, join them.
- Walk away. Do not hesitate.
- Make promises you do not intend to keep. Swear you never made them.
Categories: thirteen ways