What I Know
“All you are required to do is tell what you know.”
A friend said that, this morning. So, here is a random sampling of what I know.
- Coffee makes everything better.
- You will never know all the words in the world, but that shouldn’t stop you from trying to learn them.
- There are few things more disappointing that not being understood. It’s worse when that person is supposed to get you.
- Risks are generally worth it. Even if things turn out spectacularly wrong, you’ll learn something.
- There isn’t enough singing in the world. Sing every chance you get. Even if you can’t carry a tune.
- When in doubt, dance. Turn the music up to a ridiculous decibel, and DANCE. It might not be wise to do this when cooking dinner, but it makes cooking more fun.
- Love makes everyone some degree of stupid. Accept this. No one falls in love and becomes more cautious.
- Hearts break. Hearts mend. Sometimes, shrapnel gets left behind.
- Running away is never the answer.
- When you are too scared to say yes, that’s the moment you need to say it the most.
- Answers don’t fall out of the sky. You have to look for them.
- You cannot change what you refuse to see.
- Laughter helps even the heaviest heart. Failing that, coffee and cheesecake work wonders. Failing THAT, wine.
- Acceptance solves a multitude of ills.
- Being quirky is okay. This makes you unique. Just don’t eat the paste.
- When your world gets small, you stop growing. When you stop growing, you stop being. This is never a good thing.
- You cannot be all things to everyone. It’s okay to say ‘no’ sometimes.
- You can never have too many hugs, cupcakes, or friends.
- Sometimes, ‘goodbye’ is the only answer.
- Friends should never make you feel insecure or bad about yourself. If they do, they aren’t your friend.
- Taking the easy way out is never a good idea.
- Always say hello, goodbye, please, thank you, I love you, and I miss you. When you do, mean them.
- Jumping in mud puddles is still fun.
- You’re never too old to believe in faeries.
- Be present in the moment. Don’t simply take up space.
Categories: Random Musings